Pages

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Ferry Park - Maudslay Park Loop - A Delightful Ride

Today we rode with our friend, Debbie on what is probably our favorite short ride, our scenic river loop starting at Ferry Park, West Newbury, across the Rocks Village Bridge, along the river through Merrimac and Amesbury, over the Chain Bridge into Newburyport, through Maudslay State Park, up Pipestave Hill, and back along the West Newbury side of the River. This was the first time this year I've done over ten miles without discomfort.The weather was perfect and the company was convivial. I watched my heart rate more than my mph, and finished strong. I did not experience any lightheadedness afterward, and my blood pressure when I got home was normal. Things are looking up. ~ Tony

Total Gain: 831 ft; Max Grade: 8%
Weather: 70°F; mixed sun and clouds; Wind ENE 10mph
Terrain: rolling
Distance: 15.56 mi
Speed: (avg) 11.14 mph; (max) 37.7 mph;
Average Cadence: 65 rpm






1 comment:

  1. It was a perfect ride, thank you so much for inviting me!

    ReplyDelete