Pages

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Hooker Farm Loop Solo

 by Tony - Our Hooker Farm Loop is a pleasant and picturesque short ride, and, today, I further enjoyed being entertained, on separate occasions, by not one, but two drivers eager to display their ignorance to me and to the world. Now, I am a courteous cyclist. I observe traffic laws. I travel with the traffic, and I stay to the side if it's safe. I strive not to make unexpected moves, and I observe common safety rules, but some drivers in this country, ignorant of traffic laws and bicycle rights, are just infuriated by the mere presence of a bicyclist on THEIR roads. Oh, well, not my circus, not my monkeys...

 On another note, I had a little more trouble keeping my heart rate down in the target zone today, but still had some stuff for the last hill.

Weather: 80°F, mostly sunny, moderate humidity
Terrain: rolling
Distance: 10mi Speed: (avg) 11.6mph; (max) 33mph;
Avg Cadence: 72rpm


No comments:

Post a Comment