Pages

Sunday, July 9, 2017

Hooker Farm Road - Easy

Today we had a nice ride on our Hooker Farm Road loop - Easy, returning via Broadway. It's a little longer and a tad hillier than our last ride, but pretty easy anyway. After our last ride I raised my handlebars to give myself more breathing room. I did the ride again, and it seemed to help. Today I was fairly comfortable for about 2/3 of the ride, but started to feel sore, needing to shift positions frequently toward the end. Our ride was nearly ten miles with almost 400 feet of elevation gain, about one fifth of what we're going to be doing daily at BikeMaine Pathway to the Peaks in September, but it's still early July, so I'm not too worried. I did feel better today overall, and I'm losing weight, so there will be less to lug up the hills in Maine. Judy's doing great, and she's very patient with me on the hills.

Weather: 84°F, sunny
Terrain: flat to rolling
Distance: 9.69 mi
Speed: (avg) 10.96mph; (max) 33.78mph;
Average Cadence: 72 rpm

As I said before, Veloroutes elevation profiles make flattish courses look much more challenging than they are. This time, though, I didn't doctor it, because, to me, this is actually how it felt. LOL

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful day for a ride! I mowed and mowed, Chester then Bartlett. I'm glad I didn't know you were biking without me. I couldn't have gone but sure wish I could. I love that ride! Can't wait til we can all ride together. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete